- About Us
- Our Services
Tradition matters at the time of bereavement. Area families have found comfort with the services provided by the McKinney Funeral Home for almost a century.
It all began with H. H. Hull, who established his funeral practice in 1906, beginning a tradition of caring service that has spanned generations. Mr. Hull passed on this tradition to Earl E. Young; Mr. Young employed Donald E. McKinney for 17 years before passing it on to him. Mr. McKinney employed his daughter, Cindy, for 20 years before passing the tradition to yet another generation.
Cindy McKinney is currently the supervisor of the Youngsville facility, while Cassandra M. Brigham supervises the Sugar Grove location. Cindy McKinney and Cassandra Brigham are licensed funeral directors who live in the area that they serve and look forward to continuing the tradition in a community that they love and support.
Earl Young moved the funeral home business from East Main Street to West Main Street in 1948 when he purchased the new building from Anna Kay. Several renovations have takenplace to the Youngsville facility in the past 50 years, with the addition of a large chapel, handicapped ramp, new paved parking lot and central air-conditioning. The spacious visitation rooms are accommodating to the family and friends who come to show their support to those who are grieving.
The Sugar Grove branch facility was opened to provide a more convenient location for families in the Sugar Grove area. The building was the former Free Methodist Church; therefore, the chapel area is large and with the addition of the rear parlor, has a seating capacity of over 200. The funeral home has been remodeled with a country decor in keeping with the atmosphere of the rural community.
At McKinney Funeral Home Inc., we believe that economical service and quality care are essential and available for all families who place their trust in us.